It’s cold out there. Walk with us to help our neighbours who are homeless.
On February 20th, join us for Coldest Night of the Year 2021. Across Canada, this family-friendly and COVID-safe walk raises awareness and money for charities supporting our neighbours who are homeless. When you sign up to participate in CNOY for First United, you’re helping us support those who call Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside home.
Create your own team and help us reach our $20,000 goal to support our mission of creating a neighbourhood where everyone can thrive. What you fundraise will go towards our advocacy, survival-supports, and spiritual care for those who come to our doors.
What’s new in 2021
In order to ensure the safety of all participants, we’ve opted for a ‘virtual’ CNOY event. Instead of having dozens of teams gather together as in past years, walkers will map out their own 2 or 5 kilometer route and walk with those in their immediate household or bubble (in keeping with your local and provincial health orders).
How to get started
- Head over to First United’s page on the Coldest Night of the Year website
- Register to walk and fundraise (choose Vancouver DTES as your location), or donate to an existing team
- Set your fundraising goal and recruit your teammates
- Start fundraising by asking you friends, family, colleagues, and community to donate to your team and help you reach your goal!
- Stay in touch with your team to generate excitement and momentum
- Map out your 2 or 5 kilometer route in your neighbourhood, and support your teammates who aren’t part of your immediate bubble to do the same
- On February 20th, each of your teammates will walk their routes safely (with members of their immediate household/bubble)! Take lots of selfies and use the hashtags #CNOY21 and #FirstUnitedCNOY on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to share the excitement with us and your networks!
Our staff are here to help and support you in reaching your goals, and CNOY organizers have created a suite of tools for you to recruit teammates, fundraise, and communicate with your donors and walkers.
You can get in touch with us by contacting:
Katie Bricknell Koncan
Fund Development Manager
CNOY Math: Getting to $20,000
We need to raise $20,000 in order to reach our goal and provide survival-supports, advocacy, spiritual care, and compassion to folks experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty in the Downtown Eastside. That sounds like a lot, but the more people involved, the easier it is! Here’s the math:
Our sponsors are leaders in our community, actively helping us achieve our vision of a neighbourhood where all can thrive. We’re proud to call them our partners.