Start or join a peer-to-peer fundraiser!
One of the most impactful ways you can help FIRST UNITED is by starting a peer-to-peer (P2P) fundraiser. With P2P fundraising, you become the fundraiser and get to share why FIRST is important to you, and inspire your friends, family, and networks to join you in supporting our work. Below are just a few ideas for getting started. If you have questions, reach out to us at [email protected].
Support a P2P Fundraiser
Here are some of the ongoing peer-to-peer fundraisers that are currently organized by friend and allies of FIRST UNITED.
You Give, We Build
Organized by Don Robertson and Ross White
These amateur carpenters will build you custom wood furniture and the proceeds will be donated to FIRST UNITED. Check out You Give, We Build.
Create your own P2P Fundraiser
You can create your own P2P fundraiser in whatever way feels fun and meaningful to you! Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- The Birthday Bash: Ask your friends and family to help you raise a certain amount in honour of your birthday.
- Christmas Gifts: Instead of purchasing things for one another at Christmas, have your family and friends commit to raising $1,000 (or whatever feels right!) as part of your Christmas fundraiser.
- Build your own -athon: Do you love to walk, run, bike, or dance? If you have a sports-based hobby and want to push yourself further, ask your family and friends to “sponsor” you in your endeavour, and donate the proceeds to FIRST.
- Gaming Gauntlet: For those who love some friendly competition, invite your friends to participate in a competition of a game of your choice—a chess competition, card games, or even video games. Participants can pay to participate, the proceeds are donated to FIRST, and one of you will be named the Ultimate Champion!
- Charity concert: If you’re musically inclined and love to play an instrument or sing, hold your own concert!
Your peer-to-peer fundraiser can be simple, too: host a carwash, or get your young kids involved and set up a lemonade stand! Whatever you choose, make it fun something that’ll be fun and engaging for you and your friends, and you’ll be sure to find success.
You can set up your own peer-to-peer fundraiser quickly and easily through CanadaHelps. Learn more about their simple, online system on CanadaHelps’ create a fundraiser page.
If you’re hosting an event, we’d love to know about it! Please get in touch with us at [email protected] or 604.336.3047 to speak with a member of our team. We can share tips and ideas, and let you know what kind of information we need to ensure your donation can be made smoothly for all involved.
Please call 604.336.3047 or email [email protected] to be connected with a member of our team.